A new project has begun to update the Learning Space. This post explains the project and how it will affect you.
Due to Falmouth’s ambitious expansion plans, Learning Space is being increasingly used to facilitate teaching and learning for campus based and distance students. This project will provide:
- A better, more resilient and secure infrastructure
- An improved student-centered environment that facilitates consistency across modules
- A redesigned, mobile responsive and intuitive platform
- Access to better online tools and integrated technologies
What will be delivered?
- Learning Space will be updated to the latest version (3.4) enabling a host of new functionality
- A new partnership with leading cloud hosting service Bloom
- A structured and planned released cycle
- New online enhancements and tools to support learning and teaching
- The new VLE will be released to students and staff in September 2018 and will replace the current Learning Space
How am I affected?
- Staff will use a new instance of module areas for each intake year.
- Ed Tech will be supporting all schools to structure next year’s learning content through workshops focusing on pedagogy and best practice training (including tips, tricks and common pitfalls)
- A monthly newsletter will be released updating staff and student with project progress, training videos and information.
If you have any questions, please contact the project team at email@example.com.